.

The Norah Dress Pattern Tour



When Hayley from Welcome to the Mouse House asked me to participate in her Norah Dress pattern tour, I was powerless to resist.  That collar!  I have a real weakness for patterns with a vintage vibe, and this one really hit the spot.  Plus, I love any pattern with a classic, simple shape.  This is a dress that will never go out of style.


Of course, the collar is the real show-stopper.  A cinched peter pan with ties?  I die.  When I was cutting the collar pattern piece, the scraps seemed like they would be just the perfect size and shape for a few pockets.  They are a bit tight up top, but Ruby can still get her hands inside, and the first thing she did was start loading them with treasures.  Plus, the pockets were a way for me to add more pink (at her request).

Fabrics used:  main print - Emily Herrick Technicolor in Kryptonite, collar - Essex Yarn Dyed Linen in black, lining - Kona Cotton (not sure of the color).


Ruby approved.


Until our little photo bomber came along.  Oh sure, it was funny at first, but then baby sister tried to steal too much of Ruby's thunder.  "These pictures are just of ME!" she said.


It wouldn't be a photo shoot without a few tears, right?


No tears were shed about the Norah Dress though.  It was a real winner.  I can't wait to sew up more versions for my girls (it works for knits, too!) ... let's just say I plan to copy Simple Simon's perfect yellow Norah tunic pretty much point by point.


Thanks, Hayley, for including me in your first pattern tour!  I'm a fan.  

Make a stop at all the blogs on the pattern tour, so you don't miss any of the wonderful versions of this pattern!