.

LAZY SUMMER DAY TILDA NOTE HOLDER WITH PEN

How are all you crafters doing with the last-minute Christmas rush?  I needed to take a break before finishing up a few more cards and thought I'd work on something other than Christmas!  About a month and a half ago, my GF Joy sent me a whole pack of these cute glittered polka dot CS and I've been wanting to do something with them so here is what I made:

I've had these mini pens for a while and decided to make a note book cover for the 3" x 3" Post-It pads.  You've seen many versions of these and I made mine to fit the height of the pen that is about 3.25" high.  It's hard to see the polka dot CS on the cover because I practically covered it up with some lace trim on the bottom, ribbon, a sentiment stamped on a Labels Eight die cut, stamped a sentment from SU!, and added a pink rose on a MS Vintage Doile punched out of pink vellum.  Then of course there is the sweet and adorable Lazy Summer Day Tilda colored with Copics.  I added some polka dots to her outfit.  On the inside cover, I die-cut a piece of the DP with the Labels Eight die and attached a 2011 calendar.  Then I thought I should put them in a box or bag and add some treats (Toffee Macadamia Shortbread cookies): 

The BEST part is, back in mid-November, I won a template from Adela Rossol of Creations by AR.  She has so many wonderful templates and I had a hard time selecting one and chose this, and of course purchased a couple more.  This template is called "3-Pocket Caddy" and was fun and fast to make!  Thank you so very much Adela.  She is one of the hosts on PaperCraft Planet's 3-D Tuesday challenges.  There's so much to learn from PCP and all the talented gals there. 
Finally, here is what it looks like in the caddy, sans ribbon, I plan to tie on the handles.  Below is also an inside view of the caddy.  The note pad fit perfectly! 

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today and I hope you visit Adela's web store if you haven't already.  Have a wonderful week and have fun (?) shopping and/or crafting.