.

kcwc day 3: refashioned sweater hoodie

Last night's project was a hoodie for Oscar.  This is about the closest we get to outerwear in Santa Barbara, and he probably won't need it for another few months.


This hoodie is kind of a frankenstein piece - I rescued two of my husband's old sweaters from the goodwill pile that were still in great shape and chopped them up into a variety of pattern pieces.  Rae's Flashback Skinny Tee for the bodice, hood and sleeves from Heidi & Finn's Urban Unisex Hoodie, and a kangaroo pocket from  Go To Patterns' Signature Dress.   I slapped them all together and hoped for the best, and it mostly worked!  The fit is not perfect, but I intentionally cut it big (5T) so it would last a while.


Oscar loves the cozy sweater fabric (it is SO soft), and the kangaroo pocket.  I guess he's never had one before ... he thought it was really fun that his hands could meet in the middle.


Oscar turns into a complete weirdo for the camera.  I have a precious few seconds to snap a picture of him looking normal, and then he morphs into this:


I have about 20 pictures of him either flashing toddler gang signs or striking a super hero pose.  Then he wants to see them all in the viewing window.  I am hard-pressed to get him to just stand there looking sweet.


Oh, well.  At least he likes the sweater.