.

kcwc days 5, 6 & 7


For kcwc sewing days 5 and 6, I worked on a second baby blessing dress (for a friend).  There are just a few finishing touches to do, like sew on the buttons and snaps, hem the skirt, and finish the sash.  Which means ... I should be posting the pattern and tutorial soon.  Yay!


For day 7, I made a pair of Big Butt Baby Pants to coordinate with the floral kimono.  The pattern is by Made By Rae, and is available for purchase HERE.  I love this pattern!  It is really easy and the pants are too cute.  I made the version with the fold-up cuff.



Phew ... the Kids Clothes Week Challenge was inspiring and motivating, but a real challenge.  All that sewing!  I had trouble sticking to just one hour a night (once I start a project I just go, go, go).  So while I don't think I'll keep up this pace, this challenge really helped me get back into a sewing groove, and I have all these new ideas swimming around in my head.  And stacks of fabric that need attention.
Thanks, Elsie, for the motivation!  I'm looking forward to the next challenge.