.

birthday prep is in full swing

Oscar's first birthday is less than 3 weeks away, so party prep is underway. We're doing a small family party, but you know I can't help crafting a little (or a lot).

First up, Oscar needs a little cake topper. Taking heavy inspiration from The Small Object and Lollipop Workshop, I started painting clothespin dolls last night. This guy up front is my favorite, and I think he looks the most like Oscar.

Little clothespin Oscar still needs clothes and arms, and I am going to do some embellishments for topper base. My plan is to glue the dollpin stand to the base, but make the clothespin removable. That way I can swap out Oscar's doll for a future child on their first birthday. My friend Megan always tells me that my other children will feel neglected because I won't make as many crafts for them (she's a youngest child), so I'm trying to plan ahead. :)