.

10 minute cardigan fix

Have you ever had a clothing item that you really loved in theory, but is kind of hideous when you actually put it on?

Take this cardigan, for instance. Love the color, love the ruffle, but the fit is SO bad. It was the first post-pregnancy shirt I bought for myself. I liked it at first, but as the baby pounds came off I wore it less an less. A shapeless pink sack is not flattering, even with a ruffle.

This morning I decided to take action. I cut off the long sleeves, cut off the sleeve cuffs, and re-attached them to the new short sleeves. Then I took in the sides to give it a better fit.

Much better!
This literally took 10 minutes, and now I have a "new" favorite cardigan. Santa Barbara is making me rethink my winter wardrobe. My box of sweaters is about to be attacked.

post signature