.

getting organized

I know it is August, but I have Spring Cleaning fever.  In the past few weeks I have done significantly less sewing and much more cleaning and organizing than normal (so unlike me!).  Maybe it is the approaching school year? We don't have any students in the house, but September has always felt like the beginning of the year to me - summer is over, and it's time to get a fresh start.

One of my all-time favorite ideas from Martha Stewart is to tidy up your linen closets by storing sets of bed linens inside their pillow cases. It completely transforms your linen closet, not only making it look better, but more functional as well.

photo credit: MSLO

After moving into a new house last year, I started storing our bed linens this way and have tried to maintain it ever since.  It is a real time-saver!  The linens seem to store smaller and stay tidier, because when you are changing out the beds, you just grab a  pillowcase packet instead of rooting around for all the pieces.


Of course, it helps to know how to fold a fitted sheet.  Luckily, Martha shows you how to do that, too (what would we do without her?).

photo credit: MSLO