.

shirt refashion in two ways - part I

I am really into refashioning lately, so my apologies if this is getting boring. Sometimes macy's just has too good of a sale, and I end up buying things that don't quite work for me. I found a few sleeveless tunic shirts on mega-clearance recently. No before-photo (I am a doofus and forgot), but it's not hard to imagine - it looks just like the shirt pictured above, but sleeveless and about 6 inches longer.

I am a sleeves-wearing kind of gal, so I just chopped off the bottom 6 inches of the shirt and used that extra fabric to make sleeves. I cut the sleeves out of each side of the shirt, since the back wasn't wide enough to cut two. There was a little vent on each side of the shirt, but that worked for me. I just added a button closure to the sleeves (see below) using buttons from the discarded front of the shirt . The sleeves were made exactly like my t-shirt tutorial. The only difference is this shirt was lined, so there are two layers.

Hem the bottom of the shirt and bada bing, you're done.

Stay tuned for the next refashion ... same shirt, completely different use.

post signature