.

audrey's owl

Oscar's little friend, Audrey, has a room decorated with owls and other birds.  Her mom loved these owl pillows at Pottery Barn Kids, but didn't love the price tag or the 3 month back-order wait, so I sewed one up.

It is kind of a combination of both styles - it has the body of the smaller pillow, and the funny long legs of the larger pillow.  The ribbon detail and embroidered chest feathers were my personal touch.  (confession:  I think I like mine better than the PB version!)  The owl is a pretty large size - the floral throw pillow behind it measures 16x16 inches.

Oscar was so sad to see the owl go!  He loves birds, too.  Remember the mobile I made for him?  To this day, he LOVES it.  He points to the birdies every time we walk into his room, and wants to touch them when I lift him out of his crib.  I have plans to enlarge the Spool bird pattern to make a giant one for snuggling.

Update:  Many of you have requested a tutorial for this pillow.  I'm sorry to say I won't do one for this project, because it is a blatant copy-cat.  If I had seen the PB owls and came up with something unique and different, that would be one thing.  But I tried to copy them point by point, which makes me feel icky about doing a tutorial.  Someone out there designed that pillow, and it wasn't me.  Hope you understand!