.

car party favor bags

The Riley Blake Wheels fabric collection is probably one of my all time favorite lines of fabric.  It is getting harder to find yardage these days, but I have a big stash of fat quarters on hand ... and it just happens to be the world's perfect fabric for Oscar's car party.


We are keeping this party very small, so with only a handful of kids coming, I had time to sew cute favor bags.  They are the world's easiest drawstring bag filled with a few little goodies (car crayons, a matchbox car, some stickers and a thank you note - inspired by this favor box at Blonde Designs Blog).


Dana has a fab tutorial for a drawstring bag, the Hobo Sack, on her blog, MADE.  I do mine differently, but the end result is essentially the same.  Maybe I'll show you how I make mine someday, but not today.  Today you can learn from Dana.  :) I have more party planning to do!



p.s.  if you are looking for yards of Wheels fabric, check etsy.  I found some at Fernandina Fibers.