.

ISLAND GIRLS SUMMER SOCIAL #2

First of all, thank you Teri for putting together another WONDERFUL get-together for all the blogging sistahs on the Island (Oahu!).  It was a day filled with FUN, FOOD, MAKE 'N TAKES, FUN, FOOD, LAUGHTER, CAMARADERIE, MEETING NEW FACES, AND A FUN CARD CONTEST!  This year's event was held at the lovely Honolulu Country Club and there were about 50 (or more) of us!  Teri had a card contest and asked everyone to make a card (not mandatory) using the colors pink, green and black, which was posted on a board for everyone to look at and vote on. These cards will be donated to a local charity so there are no sentiments.  This is my card:
My card base is a standard A2 size in black linen CS.  The DP is from Autumn Leaves and is matted with SU! pink pirouette CS.  As soon as I saw this stamp I had to get her.  It's a Stampavie/Gillian Roberts "Being Together" image that I got from our LSS Munchkins!  I stamped her with Memento tuxedo black on PTI select white CS, colored her clothes, bench, body and the teddy bear with Copics.  For her hair and shoes, I wanted to try my hand at coloring with Copics and Koh-i-Noor pencils.  I wanted to keep the "black" but not have it look too harsh so I went with the color pencil effect and OMS after I colored with Copic C2 first.  I need to practice more!  Well, that's it for my simple card.  Thank you so much stopping by and I wish you all a wonderful day!