.

alphabet flashcards

Oscar is starting to learn his letters ... only I can't take credit for it, because he is learning them from a program called Super Why! on PBS.  In the spirit of back-to-school, and because I'd rather be teaching him the alphabet myself, I made some alphabet flashcards.


I made the cards in Powerpoint using the cutest clip art I could find, and a few simple images I made myself (like the balloon and  kite).
UPDATE:  I don't have a secret source for the clip art - it was all from the basic library that comes with Microsoft Office.  You can also download their clip art for free online.

There are two cards for each letter (I wanted to capture all the long/short, hard/soft letter sounds), so I plan to put the matching letter cards back to back, have them laminated, and loop them on a metal ring.  I think I'll make flashcards for colors and numbers as well.

Get your own free copy HERE.  Enjoy!