.

Stamp n Scrap Hawaii - First Challenge!

Happy Saturday Everyone! The weekend is here and we should all be feeling a bit relaxed and enjoying our two days of freedom (from work!). Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii is a new blog created by the infamous Jen Young of Pieces of Me. I tell ya, she has her hands in everything and does so much I don't think she sleeps! You can learn more about this new blog site here. Everyone around the world is welcome to play along. You DON'T have to be of Hawaii, neither does your images, so go check this out and have fun with us! There's a bunch of "lolo" (crazy) gals and who knows, you might just learn some local/Hawaiian words we speak here!


So, the first challenge is a sketch challenge, and this is what I came up with:

The card base is 5.5" square and I used (again) my SU! Melon Mambo CS (I love this color!). The DP is from DCWV-Blossoms & Butterflies. I stamped both the watering can and Spring Tilda from the Chasing Butterflies collection in Memento Tuxedo Black on PaperTrey white CS, colored them with Copics, then cut Tilda out and mounted her on the watering can with foam tape. The sentiment is from Cloud 9 and punched out with my SU! punches. I had fun with this sketch because it's a quick layout and I didn't feel too intimidated LOL! Oh, and I had to place the sentiment on the opposite side to give it a better balance in my case.

Okay, one more thing! This challenge also requires that we answer a question of the week which is, "What is the area code for Hawaii?" and of course, it's 808! Okay, so if you don't live in Hawaii, I just gave you the answer hahaha!

Well, this was a fast, simple card, but thank you for stopping by. Have a most enjoyable weekend, and have fun doing what you do!