.

ruby rag doll

Ruby loves dolls, but until recently her collection consisted only of babies.  For her birthday, I sewed her more of a "big girl" doll, with lots and lots of hair (she really loves to twirl and run her fingers through hair).


I drafted this Ruby doll as a simple single-pattern piece rag doll, fairly large in size (about 15 inches).  I attempted to embroider her face in the style of the blogger, bybido, who makes really stunning dolls (I've been carrying around a feeling of hero-worship for her work since seeing her Christmas doll back in 2010).  My embroidery skills aren't quite up to par (that right eye is particularly wonky), but luckily, two-year-olds are very forgiving.  I'll have to practice on more dolls!


I ran out of time to make the fancy clothes I had envisioned, so these simple ones will have to do for the moment.  There's plenty of time to add to the wardrobe later.  Ruby really loves her doll, and that was entirely the point.  :)

If you are looking for doll inspiration, check out my doll pinterest board, already full of goodies.