.

spring kcwc day 1


Here are the results from last night's Kid's Clothing Week Challenge efforts - a little peasant top and leggings for Ruby.

The top was made from the Sweet Little Dress pattern by Leila and Ben.  I shortened it to tunic length and left the elastic off the sleeves to change things up a bit.  The fabric is Amy Butler's Lotus Wall Flower in cherry.

The leggings are a Lil' Blue Boo pattern, which I lengthened, widened to a straight leg, and added decorative buttons at the ankles.  A very fast pattern was made even easier by reusing an old pair of yoga pants, so I didn't even have to hem them.  I love that.

Also, this photo is courtesy of my new camera, which arrived just this afternoon (yay!).  Thanks for all the camera advice.  I stuck with my trusty Canon PowerShot, but upgraded to the SX130 IS.  I have only tested it a little bit so far, but it seems great!  Sorry to disappoint you SLR diehards ... I just can't face the thought of one right now.  I already haul two kids and an overloaded diaper bag everywhere I go ... I don't have the strength for a camera bag, too!  :)