.

cutie booties - pattern by Amy Butler

Here's another project from Amy Butler's book, Little Stitches for Little Ones.  I've loved every pattern I've tried in this book!


I like these booties because there is no elastic, yet the way they wrap seems like it will still be a secure fit on baby's foot.  Also, all of the inside seams are finished off, so they look just as pretty on the inside as they do on the outside.  It requires a bit of hand-sewing, but it looks lovely and I think will be more comfortable.



While you have to buy the book to see the baby patterns, Amy Butler does have some free pattern downloads on her website here (mostly for pretty quilts, but there is other fun stuff there as well).

Like the fabric on these booties?  It is all from the Riley Blake Wheels collection.  I received a big box of fat quarters last week from the designer herself - needless to say, I am in heaven.