.

black apple doll

so ... I almost forgot I blogged here! April was busy, but it did include some crafting. I'm going to try to get posts up much more frequently, because I have a little bit of ground to cover.

Let's go in reverse order - I am quite smitten with my latest sewing project, the Black Apple Doll.

aww ... cute, right?

I just might make 50 of them. The creator, Emily Martin, was featured on the Martha Stewart Show a couple months back and generously provided her doll pattern for Martha's website. Don't want to make it yourself? You can buy them in Emily's super popular Etsy Shop.

I made a few mistakes the first go round, so she's not perfect, but I like to think that just adds character. Also, I deviated slightly from the tutorial and embroidered her face instead of using fabric paint.

What do you think? Does every little girl in my family need one? Do I need 5 just for me?