.

puppet show shorts and visiting the jellies

For the fourth day of kcwc, I made Ruby a pair of Puppet Show Shorts (pattern by Oliver + S).   The main shorts fabric comes from a pair of Jared's old dress pants, which were a soft brushed cotton with a tiny houndstooth pattern.


These shorts were such a simple sew, and fit perfectly, so I know I'll be making more.  Ruby loves them -  the fun pockets and trim made for an easy sell.


When I opened these photos, I realized that I had a hand in every piece of Ruby's outfit today.  The shirt is the first thing I ever made for kcwc back in 2010 (it has gotten a lot of wear!).  The flip flops are also Oscar's hand-me-downs, but I glittered them to make them a little more exciting.


Today we were at our local sea center.  I know I don't post a lot of "daily life" stuff here, but the new jelly fish exhibit was so cool, I couldn't resist sharing a few pictures.




In the exhibit, the room is dark and the tanks are all lit with black lights.  It was mesmerizing to watch those jellies floating around.


Hope you have a great weekend!