.

kids clothes week wrap-up


See that big pile of kid clothes?  I need a nap.

I was going to try to get some photos of last night's clothes in action, but I was informed by my children that I "have enough pictures."   I figured it was time to wrap this week of sewing madness up.  The baseball tee and circle skirt are for Ruby and the sun hats are for Cora.


Cora is my fair child, so it is really handy that she loves to wear hats.  I used Oliver + S's free bucket hat pattern and widened the brim a la A Little Gray.

All in all, I made 25 garments during Kids Clothes Week.  Two items pictured here were sewn ahead of time, but I also made two things not pictured for my nephew's birthday this week.


The name of the game for me was mass production.  I stuck with simple patterns, not a lot of embellishing, and no complicated closures - elastic and stretch knits all the way!  Thank you to my serger and double needle ... I couldn't have done it without you guys.  There are still a few things on my list to make, but I think it is time to slow down the pace.

I'm not sure what inspired the sewing frenzy, because I don't usually get so carried away with Kids Clothes Week.  But both Oscar and Ruby were actually in need of new clothes, so it is nice that they have lots of items to mix and match.

Hope you have enjoyed my whirlwind posts! If you want to see what I've made for Kids Clothes Week in the past, click HERE, or check out my kcwc label (located in the Labels section of the sidebar).