.

felt doily hair clips

I totally dropped the ball for kcwc over the weekend.    No new kids clothes were sewn, but I did make a few hair accessories.  Does that count?


Until now, I have only really used my Epic 6 for letterpress projects.  It was time to see what she could do with die cuts.  I used the nesting doily circles die and nesting circles die to cut felt for these cute hair clips.  I recommend using wool or wool-blend felt, and passing the die cut through the Epic a 3-4 times for a nice, clean cut.


After adding a bit of embroidery to the felt cut outs, I covered a plain alligator clip with coordinating ribbon. Then I hot-glued the pieces together for a perfectly sweet little clip.  They look really cute in my girls' hair, and not so bad on big girls, either!


As always, use the code HOMEMADE for 20% off your order at Lifestyle Crafts.