.

homemade cloth baby shoes

I have deadlines to meet ... a secret santa gift to be ready by Saturday, and ornament exchange that I need to package and mail off. So, why am I sewing baby shoes?

I printed out this pattern months ago from Stardust Shoes, but never tried it. I came across it again while organizing my craft supplies over the weekend, and it is all I've been able to think about!



This is attempt #2 - the first try turned out ok, put looked plain without the ribbon and had more frayed edges than I cared for. So I just made a few small changes to the pattern by finishing off a few extra seams to clean it up a bit. Also, instead of using fleece for the sole, I used the same suede fabric and floral lining with warm n' natural batting in between.

It is a quick, easy and extremely satisfying project - I highly recommend it! You can find the pattern here.

I foresee this project becoming an addiction!