.

geranium pattern testing


Rae is at it again with yet another fabulous children's pattern - the Geranium Dress - available now!  I had the pleasure of being a pattern tester and made a happy Christmas dress for Ruby.


The Geranium Dress pattern is very simple with some pick-and-choose variations, and has a Washi Dress feel (it even has options for that signature notched neckline).  I was able to cut an sew the whole thing in just a few hours.  My favorite part of the pattern is the faux cap sleeve because the bodice is just a front and back - no fussing with little sleeves.


The fabric is Yard Sale Confetti Dot (Dear Stella Design) in grass.  I like that it will be cute for a Christmas dress, but can be worn long after.

Ruby requested a bow be added, so I happily obliged.  To be honest, I didn't measure the fabric, just cut a big and small rectangle that looked about right and made a simple bow.  I hand-stitched the center of the bow to the dress and tacked down the top corners to keep them from falling out of place.

Ruby is a happy girl.  She has worn this dress three times in the past week.  And that, my friends, is a satisfying sew.