.

Two Tildas for a Birthday Card

Happy Monday, Everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and are ready to face the new week! A friend celebrated her Birthday last week and I missed it because I'm a poor planner. Anyhoooo, this is what I made for her:
The base is one of those CD folders and measures about 5" square all folded up. Isn't it nice to "find" things you haven't used in a while? Like out of sight, out of mind?!!! LOL! I covered the outside with SU! bashful blue CS and layered that with some DPs from my MAMBI paper pad. She likes the color blue first of all, then pink/brown. So I selected something with blue and ended up with this. I added some blue rhinestones to parts of the flourish design.
I used two Tildas to make this image. The main image is Tilda with Christmas Presents, and after coloring her with my Copics, I cut her out and removed the presents. I took the Tilda with Birthday Cake and colored only the cake and cut that out, and adhered it to Tilda's hand. That's the great thing about Magnolia stamps! You can interchange so many images and use all the accessory stamps for more than one occasion!

This is what the inside of the CD folder looks like. I colored Tilda with her floral headband (not sure of name anymore!) because somehow, after looking at the DP, it had a sorta "Hawaiian" floral look to it, and my friend used to dance the Hula, and now her two daughters do. So I picked this Tilda. I stuck a note on a card that is tucked in the pocket behind Tilda; you can see part of the flower and ribbon pull sticking out a bit. I will tuck a few small items in the side pocket that I hope she can use in her crafting, then send it on its way.

Thank you very much for stopping by again today. Even if you don't have a blog, you can feel free to leave me a comment so I know you took the time to visit me. Your comments are important to me, and I treasure reading all of them. I am open to constructive criticism as this will only help me improve my skills. I wish you all a wonderful week, and happy creating!