.

Cuddley Caps

I am crocheting animal hats for each of my nieces and nephews this year for Christmas. I first saw them in a Lion Brand Yarn newsletter. I also found a bunch of designs at yellbaby.com.

Knowing I could make these cute hats myself, I asked each of my nieces and nephews what their favorite animal is. The oddest requests are a hippopotamus and a blue and black tiger (his school's mascot). I almost wish I hadn't asked, because my favorite designs were of the lamb, the lion, and the dinosaur, none of which were picked. I guess I'll just have to make them for another occasion.

Here is my test-hat:



Update: I had a friend over for Thanksgiving, and it turns out these hats are a hit with adults as well as children. She was gracious enough to model it for your viewing pleasure.