.

kcwc is coming!

The fall installation of Elsie Marley's Kids Clothing Week Challenge is only days away.  Are you joining in?  What do you have planned?

Earlier this week, I sewed up a pair of big butt baby pants (pattern by Made by Rae) for a little friend's birthday.  He is not a baby and is on the slim side (no big, diapered behind), but these pj pants still look cute well beyond the baby stage.  With a bit of lengthening, the 2T pattern works just fine for older skinny kids.  I lengthened the main pattern piece about an inch and a half, and added a 3 inch contrast band to the bottom.  It was a quick and easy sew, and got me really excited for next week's sew-a-thon!


I'm really enjoying the kcwc community pinterest board - have you checked it out?  It is awesome.  A little too awesome.  It is making it very hard for me to narrow down my "to make" list to a reasonable length.

On my "must make" list:
  • a shirt, pants, and robe for Ruby's Halloween costume
  • a hoodie or jacket for Oscar
  • something extra-sweet for Cora from my sewing for girls pinterest board.  I've had a lot of pinning going on, but not nearly enough sewing.
This is just what I needed to break out of a sewing lull.  kcwc.  yay!