.

Just Magnolia Week 79 Sketch

Happy Saturday, going on Sunday!  I decided to take a break from cleaning out my craft room and came across this sketch challenge over at Just Magnolia.  This sketch is by the lovely and talented Dawny P.  It's funny how when you don't play with Copics for a while, you feel you have to learn all over again (for me that is!).  So I decided to start out with a simple card to get back in the groove. 
My card base is the usual 5.5" square and I just got my new SU! "Cherry Cobbler" textured CS and I just love this color! It is now my fave of the reds.  I apologize for the lousy pic. It was so hard to get the right colors because of the glitter on her wings and socks. The DPs are from Cosmo Cricket "Mitten Weather" mini deck that I got from Tammi! (Thank you Tammi!). I didn't cut the layers correctly so I had to end up using something "smaller" to fit!  Hence, I used the Holly Envelope (#422 from Diana's store - click on my sidebar) and this cute mini Tilda from the Magnolia Fall kit. I'm not sure of her name but it may be Starlight Tilda. She is so cute and tiny!  The circle is from SB Big Scalloped Circles LG that I embossed with a Sizzix "Frost" embossing folder. It's hard to tell from the pic but I used some taupe colored ribbon from SU! and placed a strip of red ribbon on it.  The red rose is from my GF Suzan.  (Thank you Suzan!). The ticket sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps by Raindrop Echo Designs.  Here's the lovely sketch by Dawny P.
I apologize . . . for some reason Blogger won't let me insert the sketch. You can see it on the Just Magnolia site. Well, tomorrow is the last day of October and HALLOWEEN!!!  I wish you all a fun and safe "trick or treating" tomorrow evening.  Thanks for stopping by.
P.S.  Tomorrow I will be sharing a paper rosette using Tim Holtz's rosette die for a non-blogging friend, Debbie, whom I met at one of our local scrapbook store.