.

painted wood blocks

Over the summer, an Elmer's representative sent me a giant box of craft supplies. According to them, I am a "respected blogger and crafter" (giggle, snort). Anyway, Elmer's has this whole line of craft stuff that I didn't know about, so I am trying things out.

I've had these plain, 1 1/2 inch wood blocks for, oh, forever, that I've been meaning to decoupage with pretty paper (like these beautiful babies). Instead, I decided to try out my handy dandy Elmer's Painters pens. Because there is nothing I love more than a slap-dash craft.

It was really simple - I just drew a border with letters, numbers, shapes, and a few little pictures on all the sides of the blocks. Most of the letters are in all the colors, and then I did an extra set of letters in black that spell out Oscar's name.

The paint dried really fast, so I didn't have to wait around before flipping them over to do another side. The markers I used were in the "bright" and "neon" packs, and the neon is a little, well ... neon. But Oscar likes them and that's what really matters.

We've been playing with these non-stop over the weekend. I build tall towers, and Oscar knocks them down. I spell out words and Oscar steals my letters. Hours of entertainment.

And these blocks are making him smarter already. Look what he spelled out for me tonight!

;)

post signature