.

Felt Food toys

I have a new craft obsession - felt food. It is so fast, so fun, so easy to make. I just sent a bag of "groceries" to my niece for her second birthday (a perfect compliment to her first kitchen from grandma). Most of these ideas are shamefully copied from the toys at Mahar Dry Goods (sorry). Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?


Pancakes, bacon, a fried egg and a strawberry


The insides of a bologna and cheese sandwich with lettuce and tomato


lunch - bologna and cheese with potato chips


Oreo cookies (these are crocheted)


pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers and black olives


cheese ravioli with marinara sauce


Chicken dinner - a drumstick, mashed potatoes, pea pods and a slice of pumpkin pie


another shot of the pumpkin pie - I added a dollop of whipped cream


The grocery sack - I sewed it out of those sheets of fun foam you can find at the craft store. Peeking out of the bag is the ravioli (I made a label out of full-sheet label paper and stuck it to a glad ware container) and a loaf of bread (which I forgot to photograph).

They should start a 12-step program for people like me. Hello, my name is Jill and I am addicted to making felt food.