.

Garden Tea Party Baby Shower

Have you ever seen the blog, Style Me Pretty? I love it - although it is a wedding blog, there are so many beautiful ideas that can be used for other events and celebrations. One of my favorite parts of her blog are the Inspiration Boards she frequently posts. She recently had an inspiration board contest and the submissions from readers was impressive as well.

So, when I recently got involved in a co-worker's baby shower, I decided to put together an inspiration board of my own. She is having a girl, and we decided to do a "Garden Tea Party" theme.


Here are my ideas:
1. Tea pot or tea cup sugar cookies as a favor - I'll have to head on over the NY Cake to get a new cookie cutter.

2. bowls or large teacups full of pink jelly beans/candy on the table - anyone know where I can get bulk pink candy in NY?

3. We are still deciding on a group gift. Almost everything on her registry is already purchased, so one possibility is to get a car seat to decorate and fill with goodies

4. Finger sandwiches and other tea party food - hopefully displayed on pretty cake stands. Hostess with the Mostess posted about a new line of Martha Stewart whitewear at Macy's that looks promising.

5. A diaper cake

6. Lots of pink lemonade as a beverage

7. Tissue paper pom pom flowers hung from the ceiling - I was thinking in shades of pink, cream and mint green. I've made these before, so it should be easy.

8. Matching pom pom napkin rings

9. A garland hung in one of the windows or over the food table - ours will say "congratulations" or "baby brewing"

10. Assorted teacups at each table setting - this will be a little tricky. I am going to hunt around the city's thrift stores and see if I find cheap ones.

That's about it so far ... do any of you have ideas to add?