.

on becoming a cobbler

In a sudden fit of productivity Friday night, I made four pairs of baby shoes (this is what happens when you move to a new town, have no friends, and your husband is studying for the bar exam).

First up, these:
Very much inspired by this Flickr set - the most beautiful baby shoes I have ever laid eyes on. They were meant for a boy, but ended up quite girlie.

So I made a replacement pair, using the ever-reliable Stardust Shoes pattern:


And then I decided Oscar needed a pair:

And while I was at it, I thought I may as well make another pair to have on hand in case I ever have friends again (do I sound lonely yet?) and get to go to a baby shower:

Shoes ... love making them. On a scale of 1 to 10, how tacky would it be to make these in a womens size 8 1/2? Because I think they look comfy.

post signature