.

quiet book, page 9

Getting close to the end...
I'm starting to get weepy about my upcoming move, so I made this page for mostly selfish reasons. It makes me sad that Oscar won't have any memories of New York. I mean, he won't even remember that we lived down the street from the best cookie in America! The Billy Joel line has special significance, because Oscar went to the "Last Play at Shea" concert while still in the womb. :)

Lady Liberty, the taxis, and the street signal are cut out pieces of this flannel (one of those "exclusively for JoAnn's" fabrics):

I fused the flannel to pieces of felt using Wonder-Under and cut out the shapes I wanted. They stick to the skyline flannel-board style.

One more page to go, plus book construction. Can you say longest project ever?

post signature