.

vader rules

Here's my first day's offering for KCWC - a t-shirt for Oscar using Rae's Flashback Skinny T-Shirt pattern, that I finally stenciled last night.  I made it a size bigger than he normally wears (don't ask me why), so it is a little large.  And I think I cut the neck hole too big.  Does he care?


Nope!  Oscar was so pleased with the Vader stencil that I couldn't even get a picture of the shirt on the hanger.  It went directly onto his skinny little body.  He was totally offended when I suggested that this was a pajama shirt.


When Oscar is upset or not getting his way, he frequently tells me, "Mom!  Listen to me!  I am your FATHER."  It makes me smile every time.


Last night I sewed a tee for Ruby using the Toddler Swing Tank pattern as my base, adding sleeves and a bow.


Ruby, of course, wanted nothing to do with it.  Why didn't HER shirt have Darth Vader on it?  I should have known better, since at only one year old she can identify half of the star wars characters, not to mention the Millennium Falcon.  We might have to stencil her a shirt as well.


The fabric from both of these t-shirts came from my old maternity shirts.  I tried to cheat as much as possible, using existing neck and hemlines where I can (like on the sleeves).  It is amazing how fast you can sew a garment when most of the finishing work is done for you!